The curse of a strike!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Date: 6th october 1998
Event: Kenyan primary school teachers go on strike...

Jump 4 years...

Date:23rd September 2002
Event:Kenyan teachers strike

Fast forward...4 years later

Date:23 october 2006
Event: Kenyan lecturers strike

You just might wonder what this events have to do with wasmaniac...I'll tell you. On the 6th October 1998, I was just one month away from finishing my primary school education. I was in std 8 awaiting my kenya certificate of primary education exams to start one month later...then the teachers went on strike.

On the 23rd of september 2006, i was in Form Four...awaiting to finish my high school education. It was again exactly a month before my KCSE...and the damn teachers went on strike..

Now...2006. Am in my final year, final semester, undergraduate degree programme...slightly over a month before i finish my academic degree and go for an industrial attachment...and then, something silly happens, again...Lecturers go on strike!

2010...Premonition:
Date: somewhere in sep/oct 2010
Event: strike...by who, am wondering!!

Posted by wasmaniac at 2:41 PM  

3 comments:

Conditions for teachers are not the best in Kenya or come to think of it in the world. I don't know why. Teachers are very important. They are the ones educating tommorrow leaders and shouldn't we therefore hand them all the tools they need to fulfill that task?

SleepDepraved said...
5:03 PM  

Ever heard of the saying Those who know do...those who dont teach. That is the reason sleepy. Teachers dont know anything...they just read from a book and vomit the whole undigested stuff when they come to teach or lecture!

wasmaniac said...
7:02 PM  

That is pretty cynical of you. There are teachers out there that know what they speak of and are passionate about their subjects. Those are the ones who I was speaking of.

SleepDepraved said...
1:02 AM  

Post a Comment