World Aids day

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Yesterday was world aids day. I didnt know these till i watched news late at night. So, to wish aids a belated 25th sad birthday, i have decided to place these banner. And go red too.



I am a happy man that the AIDS scourge hasnt affected somalis as much as it has affected the rest of Africa...but my country, Kenya, is bleading. I weap for Kenya. But despite all the gloom, there is good news. I am told in 3 years only, the Aids prevalence rate has dropped from a high of 13% among Kenyan adults to 5.9% these year. That is good news. I dont want to dwell on the AIDS statistics, they are appaling. They are shameful...its a pity. So, i'll do what i can. I'm starting by joining red today and hope to raise awareness among people.



Lets join (red) and make aids history.
Keep the promise.

Posted by wasmaniac at 1:52 PM  

2 comments:

It's a bit sad though that they have to entice people to buy in order to give to charity. If that is the only way people will give nowadays we've come to lead a sad existence.

Anonymous said...
11:50 PM  

Its sad, but i suppose we have to move with the times. Charity is no longer fun, so u have to make people give while they take. Its a win win situation if u ask me.

wasmaniac said...
10:35 AM  

Post a Comment